May Day: Ondo NUJ greets NLC/TUC, charges govt on welfare of workers
THE COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE CONGRESS OF THE NIGERIA UNION OF JOURNALISTS (NUJ), ONDO STATE COUNCIL, HELD ON THURSDAY 29TH APRIL, 2021 AT THE PRESS CENTRE, PEN CRESCENT, ALAGBAKA-AKURE
After extensive deliberations by members, the following decisions were taken:
1. That the Congress approves the setting up of Ondo NUJ Social Committee to revive monthly social activities of the Union. Members of the Committee are; Babatope Okeowo (Chairman), Bayo Adediran, Ayo Fatokun, Segun Giwa, Dare Ajibola and Tola Gbadamosi (Secretary).
2. That the Congress noted decisions at a Stakeholders’ meeting held on Wednesday 28th April, 2021 and directs subscribers and land owners at the Ondo NUJ Pen Estate, Osi, to do everything humanly possible to develop their plots of land to prevent further “encroachment”.
3. That the Congress observed with concern the economic hardship and disturbing rate of Insecurity nationwide and urges members to be mindful of the current economic and security realities in the country and plan their daily engagements properly to enable them cope effectively.
4. That the Congress charges the Ondo NUJ Taskforce against Fake Journalists to clamp down on some individuals masquerading at social/political events as media professionals and are fond of defrauding and harassing unsuspecting VIPs in the state.
5. That the Congress congratulates members, Nigerian workers, NLC/TUC on the occasion of this year’s International Workers’ Day celebration slated for Saturday 1st May, 2021, calling on government to give top priority to policies that will reduce suffering of the workforce for a better society.